CRAWL SPACE PROBLEMS…WE SOLVE CRAWL SPACE PROBLEMS!
Did you know excess moisture in your crawlspace supports the growth of mold, dust mites, insects, and other pests?
In some cases excess moisture can cause structural damage to your home’s wood framing and degrades some forms of insulation, fiberglass in particular.
It also can cause poor air quality and allergens from mold spores and dust mite droppings, which can affect some people’s health.
Some people think because it is below the floor and not where they live that it won’t affect them. That is not necessarily true. Up to 40 percent of the air we breathe on the first floor of our home comes from the crawl space or basement! The air gets into the first floor because of what’s called the stack effect. Warm air in the upper level of the home rises and is usually released through the attic. The air that is released must be replenished. The source of the air replenishment is through windows and doors but much of it is sucked from the crawl space or basement into your home.
Do you have excessive moisture in your crawl space? Check out the signs below.
- Standing water or mud on dirt floor after a heavy rain
- “Whiskers” or efflorescence on crawl space walls
- Signs of rot and rust in crawl space
- High radon levels
- Unpleasant musty odors
- Respiratory discomfort, headaches, and illnesses, such as allergies and asthma
- Insect and other pest infestations
- Mold and mildew on walls and floors of first-floor closets
- Peeling paint on home exterior
We Solve Crawl Space Problems!
- Vapor Barriers
- New Doors
Call us today for a free estimate (304) 776 – 8094 or 1-866-Dodrill!
Click to Zoom Images Below